Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

2 posters

Blindside or Open?

Blindside or Open? Empty Blindside or Open?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Is there much difference in the coding between blind side and open side flankers? I have 2 similar guys plaing 6 and 7. The one is slightly taler at 192cm, slightly less on attack but slightly better defence ratings. Agility is the same, technique isnt as good as the other chap. Weight is equivalent. He is currently playing blindside.

The second guy playing 7 is shorter at 183cm, he has as I said better attack and stamina. Both are quick enough to play in my backline let alone the forwards. Would you guys leave them as they are or swap them around? Would there be any benefit/penalty either way?
    denver
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Blindside or Open? Empty Re: Blindside or Open?

Post by denver Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 pm

From my limited experience I have read that as far as lineouts go the shorter guy should be at No6.

I think this would need confirming or not though by our more experienced managers.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 am

Not sure really but the documentation suggests the bigger guy should play 6. In reality the openside should be quicker to get to breakdowns and better technique should help him win the ball.

One way to check. Are they similar CSR? Play them one way on Monday and swap them the following Monday and make it the only change. If their form is the same or at least close they may get the same rating and prove it doesn't matter.

Their was something mentioned before though about the amount of jumping in lineouts which would require the taller man obviously.

Lots of possible influences makes this game what it is Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:36 am

my no6 is 205cm and he nicks plenty of lineout ball at the tail. My no7 is 191cm and he doesn't.
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:28 am

i have just recently put a big man at number 6 and noticed that he steals line out as well so it si a good thing i suspect!!

i have a lighter faster player at open side and he gets samer star ratings at open flanker or at centre!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:51 am