Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

Hi all

Hi all Empty Hi all

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, i couldnt seem to find where to put this Smile

I am carl, 29yr old prop from Cardiff and looking forward to getting to grips with BR, i am struggling at moment to place players in positions, by stat only. though i think i am grasping it slowly!!

take it easy

Hi all Empty Re: Hi all

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 am

Welcome player of the dark arts

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:31 am

just read the newbie guide (very good)

i have a 16yo in my junior team Weight 122kg Height 178cm
    should i do something with him?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 am

Play him in every youth game, select appropriate youth training to develop him as a prop and then promote him on his birthday, (make sure you don't promote someone else within a week before) and keep your fingers crossed. If he is any good you can sell to then used the cash to improve your squad.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:15 am

Aye, you could promote him to the senior team to see what his stats are like (go to 'My Club'->Academy to promote players, you might have to wait until Tuesday though), or stick him straight in your youth team at prop or hooker. Edit: just realised you said he's 16, you'll have to wait until he's 17 before you promote him then.

I'd always say to take it slow the first few weeks; play a few games and experiment and find out what your team's like and what sort of players you really need before you hit the transfer market. Have a browse of that first too, get an idea of what's a good price for the sort of players you want so you don't get ripped off Smile
    Woko
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah to add to Rhod's comments about the TM (transfer market) - in your 1st season don't pay more than 10k or so for any player.

Figure out your best team, where you are weak and then gradually replace the crap with players from the TM

You should be able to get a team full of 14-20k CSR by the end of the season by being smart with your cash.

1st thing you should do is sack your 8 worst players to get your wages down - don't necessarily use CSR for this though cos you might have a big player or 2 with bad CSR which you should keep.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:14 am

thanks for the advice, the team i have been given looks to already be out of the promotion runnings, so this gives me the rest of the season to have a good look at players,

todays game should be interesting, my team has pretty much picked itself, though my problem area appears to be centre and full back

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 am

another question- if i play at normal against teams who play LTNT, will i get thumped every week? i dont want to knacker my good guys???

edit

and what does "pull" mean...

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:49 am

Depends how good the opposition are really.

If you click on some of the teams in your league, you'll see some have 'private' as their manager name. That means they're computer teams, and as long as you select your team right you should be able to beat them(and as your players get better it'll become really easy to beat them). You should soon be able to beat them even on 'With Next week in mind', which will allow you to save energy for when you come up against human teams Smile

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:55 am

ah - that is good to know (and in time for me to change it)

i must admit, i do like the size of my pack - i just hope they live up to the hype i am putting on them Smile

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Carl, welcome to Blackout

Are you playing for anyone in Cardiff? I play in the c&d premiere so might have seen you around if you have ventured into the district leagues.

You have a good chance at getting out of your league at the first attempt.

OspreysU20 manager hasn't logged in since he joined, so you should beat him without any trouble.

That leaves just 2 human managers to try and out-smart. Great Galahs will be your main opposition this season as their manager has had a few weeks extra to get to grips with the game.

The following scouting rule will help you find players, without getting ripped off.
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.market.php#search=1&priceMax=15000&ageMax=32&csrMin=16000&csrMax=21000

and for props http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.market.php#search=1&priceMax=15000&ageMax=32&csrMin=16000&csrMax=21000&skill1=strength&skill1min=9&skill1max=21&skill2=technique&skill2min=9&skill2max=21&skill3=stamina&skill3min=7&skill3max=21&skill4=weight&skill4min=115&skill5=height&skill5min=175&skill5max=192

Hope that helps.

The newbie guide should be finished by the end of the season, but in the meanwhile theres plenty of help to be found in here.

edit - pull means to promote a player from your youth academy

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Just had a quick look at your line up. Without seeing the full skill stats it's difficult to give a full assessment.
    Your front row seems a little lop sided with the hooker being taller than one prop, consider swapping them around but the handling of your hooker is more important at this stage.
    Watch out for low discipline in your backrow, the penalties may hurt your game.
    If your struggling for centers they are very similar to backrows.
    I don't understand why you haven't selected your 2nd highest CSR player.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:41 pm

when i came back to wales after playing rugby in the RAF, i played briefly for Cardiff Saracens (Div 6 Central) and i am going to try another sport tommorow - American Football...

I will check out the TM, regarding why i didnt play Craig Cummings - i am not quite sure, although he will be in the next game, i somehow missed him.

with

Stamina: Reputable Handling: Satisfactory
    Attack: Satisfactory Defense: Satisfactory
    Technique: Horrible Strength: Despicable
    Jumping: Limited Speed: Reputable
    Agility: Limited Kicking: Limited

where would i play him? Full back or scrum half?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Can't really answer that without seeing what stats you got at those positions already. But at he does seems quite useful for your league.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:02 pm

in my last game, the only two players who didnt play to potential were my centres (although one was injured after 10 mins..) so i might play him in the other centre position.

at the moment, im playing a fairly forward orientated gameplan, as my teams handling sucks, im watching a few players in the TM, so will see how that goes

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:04 pm

I'd say cummings is a centre (probably outside centre) as you said you were struggling in that area.. scrum half and full back need better kicking imho.
    Woko
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:39 pm

"pull"....afaik....is something that is done in Caroline St at 1am on a Sunday morning

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:42 pm

1am...no class there, 5am is the time to be there - i should know, i use to work nights at st davids shopping centre!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 pm

1am woko? Showing your age there Very Happy

Us youngsters dont head down to chippy lane till atleast 3am.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:55 am