Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

2 posters

Aggression?

yazman14
    Made the Premiership
    Made the Premiership

Aggression? Empty Aggression?

Post by yazman14 Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:47 am

Hey guys. just wondered if anyone knows what effect aggression has and if there are certain positions where it is more important than others. maybe flankers need more to be effective at the breakdown?

any thoughts appreciated as always, yaz.
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Aggression? Empty Re: Aggression?

Post by newgalesurf Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:08 am

Aggression will also define the 'risk takers', so in itself is not a bad thing. Discipline is more important, and especially in the back row. In some ways a perfect back row forward is Psychotic aggression with Flawless discipline, meaning they will go for the ball in a controlled manner, thus meaning a better chance of a turnover.

If you do have to play a back rower with Reckless or Rebellious discipline, it is worth considering playing By The Book in the tactics
    yazman14
    Made the Premiership
    Made the Premiership

Post by yazman14 Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

thing is there is a player im looking to bid on but he has conservative aggression. i want him as a flanker but is that aggression rating going to affect his effectiveness?
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:24 am

yazman14 wrote:thing is there is a player im looking to bid on but he has conservative aggression. i want him as a flanker but is that aggression rating going to affect his effectiveness?

To my mind as long as his discipline is controlled or collected or flawless he will be fine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:46 am