Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

3 posters

How to get the best from my YA?

WiW
    International bench Warmer

How to get the best from my YA? Empty How to get the best from my YA?

Post by WiW Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi..

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on getting the best from my YA please?

I've read the YA Tips thread and it's very helpful, but I just don't have the cash to afford $50,000 per week on resources. Am I wasting my time trying to improve things with L1 facilities and coaches or is there anything I can do to maximise their potential until I can afford to upgrade facilities and coaches etc?

At present I have a couple of players getting 2.5/3 stars in the reporters summary and another couple getting 1.5 but the rest are struggling compared to players from other teams. I'm planning on scouting a couple of players this week which may help in a few positions (hopefully the backs!!).

Anyway, if anyone has any advice, that would be cool.

Cheers Smile
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

How to get the best from my YA? Empty Re: How to get the best from my YA?

Post by peasantrugby Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:57 pm

bang on as many stars as possible but really you need level 2 as quickly as possible - 30 to 40 stars be enough

I aimed to get ym academy on level 2 asap and would advise you concentrate on that as well and aim at pulling front 5 players as they will bring you most money when selling to improve your academy quickly and efficiently
    WiW

Post by WiW Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks for the reply.

I'm kinda stuck with L1 for the time being. Things are pretty tight but they may improve when my stadium modifications complete in a few days. I may splash out on an L2 scout first just to help me build up some stars.

I was planning on scouting two players this week but I will only have 30 stars available, so I was gonna use 20 on one scout and 10 on the other. I'm not sure if this is just being short sighted to improve the YA's current squad at the expense of making some cash when promoting them.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:07 am

Im not a fan of the YA. Plenty of decent trainees each season come from teams who only have a scout.

Last season I came 2nd in my YA despite only having a level 3 scout when the season began. I've now got a completely level 3 YA setup ready to open, but thats because I want to give myself a good chance at promoting a monster.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:38 am

Agree with Wilf, the youth academy really needs to be full (facilities anyway) on for worth while results. A little wasted if you scout a great potential player but cant train him until he is promoted at 17yrs old.

Like Wilf said the scout gets you the stars so you have to save up longer before you promote. Peasant is right. Pull your existing heaviest players with 30 stars. I have easily paid for my costs with the right sales.
    WiW

Post by WiW Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks for the advice Wilf and Towz. Looks like i'm just gonna have to accept my limitations until I can afford a better setup.
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:51 pm

At your level, a scout is the minimum you need for now.

As all players recruited now will be eligible for the U20s in S18, they are worth a premium. Scout 2 players this week, and sell them on next season as you don't have the facilities to train. The money you net should help you to progress, be it new players or facilities.

I would also say scout a player every time you get to 20 stars, and sell them on in 1 seasons time. I made 1m from transfers last season
    WiW

Post by WiW Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Cheers for the advice newgale. It would be nice to make some money on the market. So far i've spent over $400,000 (22 players) and only made $24,000 from selling 8 players.

I scouted a player earlier with 20 stars but it's a bit too soon to know if he'll be any good or where he'll slot into things...I was gonna give him a run at centre to see how he gets on.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 pm

WiW

I wouldn't be looking to make any money from the TM yet, I'd focus on the results in Div 4? Concentrate on making the playoffs, and getting that sweet sweet prize money.Then don't blow it in the early weeks of the season, you'll just over pay massively.

As Newgale says, just get an upgraded scout for now, and every player you scout, especially one this week play in a very important position, if he's a back play him at 9/10, train the team on backs attributes, and play a backs orientated gameplan to get the ball into his hands as much as poss. Also LTNT as much as you can to help his experience.

The most important factor I would say is try not to rush yourself. Don't go for the stadium upgrade until your selling out regularly, don't go for the upgraded facilities unless you can afford them, if you need more money trim your squad, and back room staff, only the useless ones though, YA manager, kicking trainer are 2 possibles that may not be of use to you at this stage of the game. Enjoy Div 4 for a little while, Div 3 is a huge step up and you'll want to be competitive!

Don't be afraid to chime in on all threads on the offsite too, really get involved and you'll learn a lot, I am relatively new and it's been an absolute dream soaking knowledge from these guys!!!
    WiW

Post by WiW Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:42 am

Cheers for the advice hof...it all makes pretty good sense. I plan on staying in Div 4 for a couple more seasons. I just wouldn't have a chance anywhere higher for the time being. The majority of my squad is still young so i'm confident that most of them will eventually be there or there abouts but, as you say, I shouldn't try to rush things. Plus I want to get some money saved in the bank too.

I've just scouted a player with 20 stars and i'm not entirely sure where he will will perform best. He's 179cm/101kg (5'8" and 15.9 stone in old money) so a bit too short and light to be effective in the backrow, hence why i've pencilled him at centre. Do you think he will be better off having a crack at the junior 10 shirt? I can't help thinking that i've been a tad unlucky with this scouting mission Wink

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:50 am

Doesn't anybody in Wales sleep or are we that sad???

Its a tough call, 179cm and 101Kg is very similar to Martyn Williams stats in real life. On BR though, most people seem to go taller and heavier for back row.

That said, I think I would set him as 7 in the youth default team. I would also alter the youth team training to Stam Def Tech, Str if you have four sessions or rotate the four with spee now and again for an openside. Pity about his discipline though.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:55 am

Posting this as ten to 2 in the morning. Now that is called being sad Razz hah .. You could always try him at hooker aswell. The height wouldnt be an issue at hooker, and weight wouldnt be that much of a problem imo. My 1st team hookers only 103kg. But some like them to be massive beefy b******s Razz.Just depends on personal prefrence. Try him at openside like Towz said, and if that dosent seem to be working then stick him in at hooker for a go Razz . santa
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:06 am

agree with robpugh1 about putting him at hooker and u all are sad up at this time

i will probably be on late another night haha

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:28 am

Hooker is viable. I had one light but not quite that light. His discipline would be less of an issue up front rather than around the breaksown.

Make the most of the cards your dealt, he can still be good for you be it a player or a cash cow Very Happy
    WiW

Post by WiW Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks guys. I've put him in at 7 and will also give him a bash at hooker as well. He's 1cm taller than my loosehead but i'm hoping that won't be an issue.
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:10 pm

i have a 99kg hooker lol he is my reserve though with v high handling and decent strength lol
    WiW

Post by WiW Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:22 pm

My replacement hooker for my main squad is only 101kg but he's 188cm and has good handling, defence, stamina and strength...good for division 4 anyway Wink

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Ye at that height and weight he could be a range of positions, I wouldn't get antsy though and give him a crack at too many, I like to think anyone who isn't a monster can be turned into whatever you want, if you play him at 7 all season he'll be one. Just remember to check his stars and make sure he has a tick when in a certain posiiton.

My first choice hooker is 187 and 111kg, but my props are around the 190 mark too. I tend to think the taller props give a distinct advantage come the lineout but lose a little in the scrum to shorter props, I think I gain more than I lose kinda thing.

My 2nd choice hooker however is 126kg, I like to have the option of a very heavy front row if need be, I do have a 135kg prop too, so it's all about options for me.
    WiW

Post by WiW Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:09 pm

My 20 star scouted player that I tried at 7 got 3 and a half stars in the reporters summary...pretty happy with that, even if I did lose the match. He scored a try, didn't miss a tackle and didn't knock on either.
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:48 pm

ltnt?
    WiW

Post by WiW Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Normal
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:59 pm

bluddy good going then

could be a candidate lol mail towz on the game to give3 him heads up

i got 3 stars and 2.5 going ltnt so mine aint any gd lol
    WiW

Post by WiW Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:48 pm

The good news continues....my opponent in the next round of the cup has reverted to bot!

Santa has been kind this year Wink
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:09 pm

mine should by wednesday too
    WiW

Post by WiW Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:17 pm

My youth team is getting their arses handed to them today. 33-5 down after about 35 minutes against an average side. I put a 15 star scout at 10 which looks like it may have backfired as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:02 am