Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

2 posters

Transfer abuse report

newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Transfer abuse report Empty Transfer abuse report

Post by newgalesurf Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:44 pm

I was emailed this from scarletboy, manager of West is Best

hi i put a player on the transfer market ( Aneurin Bown ) the player is welsh and suitable to be trained into a prop or a backrow ,

the bid started at $1000 and i just let the bid run i eventually got $96,000 for him off a welsh manager, i can see that ive done nothing wrong here

however i got reported for transfer "abuse" because somebody had a similar player and only got $30,000 odd

what should i do it seems a bit strange to me

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I checked the IP addresses, and there is no overlap. I think the guy is genuine (and lucky to get $96k for a 17 y/o 20k CSR player), so has nothing to worry about. What are the chances of an abuse report like this not coming down in his favour

Transfer abuse report Empty Re: Transfer abuse report

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Dont know, never had it happen to me. I have monitored players to see what I would get and got nowhere near as much as they had got. Got annoyed but never bothered to report it.

I have worried about it though as I have logged on using the same computer as my nephew and he has logged on at mine too. We have kept our distance when it comes to the market though and he doesn't log in that often unless I push him to promote etc. If he hasn't had IP address conflict so it shouldn't matter surely. I don't know if there are ways around that though.
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Towz wrote:Dont know, never had it happen to me. I have monitored players to see what I would get and got nowhere near as much as they had got. Got annoyed but never bothered to report it.

I have worried about it though as I have logged on using the same computer as my nephew and he has logged on at mine too. We have kept our distance when it comes to the market though and he doesn't log in that often unless I push him to promote etc. If he hasn't had IP address conflict so it shouldn't matter surely. I don't know if there are ways around that though.

I think someone was outbid, and annoyed. There is no law against someone paying stupid prices for players. I noticed that trotter (South Stars, the bidder) did actually sell a 20k CSR player for $200k recently. Usually the IP address checking will prevent you from buying your nephew's players
    whiskyman
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by whiskyman Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 pm

nothing will come from this, 96k for a 17 yr old ain't over the top. with the skills in the right places or with the right weight/height will be a asset to your team or a profit maker
    whiskyman
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by whiskyman Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Apparently the player was 127kg 191cm, so nothing suspicious about that. great trainee for someone looking for a prop

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:02 am

The player has 11 tech, 9 str and 9 stam. Not bad skills for a young prop. The price is slightly excessive imo for someone due to turn 18 in 2 weeks, but not excessive enough to warrant reporting it.

Scarletboy, Scarletlady and Verywestscarlet(bubba) are all linked by multiple IP addresses, but none of them share a link with trotter.

If this was me, I'd apologise on the other persons behalf for wasting the GMs time and come out of it smelling of roses Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:52 am