Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

2 posters

experience

aled

experience Empty experience

Post by aled Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:32 am

does anyone have any insight into the effect of experience on an individual and teams performance?

I have one player who I bought dirt cheap earlier in the season, he is 36 years old and has "impressive" experience. At the time his CSR put him as one of the best players in the team, but obviously with his age his CSR is now dropping like a stone week by week.

The manual mentions about a player with experience being better than a slightly higher rated player with no experience but as his ratings drops below other squad members with no experience at what point does the benefit of his experience get outweighed by lower CSR/ratings?

Also does having an experienced player affect the teams performance as a whole?
    tomo
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

experience Empty Re: experience

Post by tomo Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Welcome to the Off-site Aled

Experience can have an effect but it is a fine line between experience and being too old and a liability, 36 is usually too old I wouldn't normally go above 32 unless he has high stamina at least superior as high stamina will slow the drop in CSR.

An example of how experience can work from my own experience is if you take a 20yr old player with monumental kicking but only moderate experience that would be the same as a 30yr old with grand kicking, so because the older guy has more experience he makes the most of the opportunity. Same example with a hooker even tho the younger guy may have great handling he may still try fancy things to win the line out where as the older player will just do what is required, just like real life in a way the more experience you gain the better you become.

There is no set guide line of when a player losing CSR will become worse than others you will just have to trust your own judgement and your own experience.

One tip I can give is that it is vital for your captain to have as high experience as possible so he has more chance of making the right decisions when it counts and probably no lower than admirable leadership.
    aled

Post by aled Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:30 pm

his leadership is non-existent so not much good for a captain Very Happy I only paid 1k for him and he was about my best player at the time, and still is better than average in my current squad despite losing a third of his csr. The rest of my squad is young (half of them are under 20) so I thought having an older experienced player might have a positive affect on the younger lads but maybe I'm overcompicating things. He should still be good enough to make the first team for the rest of this season anyway and probably will need replacing next season.

But basically what you're saying is experience is a big factor when it comes to the key decision making positions in the team like the half backs, hooker etc. ?
    tomo
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by tomo Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Pretty much but I don't think 1 persons experience rubs off on other team members just as you said helps make the right decisions when it counts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:12 am