Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

2 posters

Various Questions!

Various Questions! Empty Various Questions!

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:48 pm

I've read most of the documentation on the BR site but I still have questions so I'll ask the ones I can think of now, then just add to this thread, and sorry if these have already been asked!

1.When I go to "advertise for a new coach" how long does that process take? I don't intend on getting a new one till my level 1 coach has 1 week left on his contract but I just wanted to know so I can plan ahead.

2. Is there a general consensus on what the best thing to train is for youth players? Do they gradually become stronger on their own without training as they will still be growing? at the moment I've set them to train handling and technique as I'd imagine in real life these are the things that are covered more than other, but I realise this is a game so I'm probably way off with that assumption.

3. In a similar game to this (but was for MMA not rugby) each player had a random learning rate, so you could get a youngster who developed a lot quicker than others, is that system implemented in this game?

thanks

M
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Various Questions! Empty Re: Various Questions!

Post by Iorwerth Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:42 pm

1. To go from a level 1 coach to a level 2 takes 4 weeks advertising time i.e. you get the option to hire a 2nd level coach 4 weeks after you advertise for the position. For level 3 it is 6 weeks.

2. Not sure about this, as I basically ignore my youth team. The few slots I do have, I put on stamina, as I figure every player, regardless of position, benefits from stamina.

3. There is no learning rate. All players learn at the same rate.

Hope that helps and good luck with your team! The off-site is a great place to ask questions and get quick replies generally, so if you have any other questions then post them Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Ok thanks for the quick reply.

1. So I should look to advertise for new coaches when there are 4 weeks left on the contract on a monday?

2. When a player is promoted can you instantly fire them or do they sign long contracts?

3. ok thanks.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 pm

1 - You can advertise for the coach at any time - even now if you wanted to. Once his advertising period is over, he will not automatically replace the previous coach(unless you tick the auto-hire box). You can then decide to hire him at a time that suits you.

2 - Fire away. They sign a rolling contract, so you can get rid of them as soon as you want.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:11 am

Welcome mazza.

All of the above.
    With the youth team though it is a preference, although you are on the right line. Its best to look at your next youth match and see which players seem better. Then train to suit their position.

You are unlikely to get any beasts at this stage but there may be a few decent ones that improve your squad slightly without spending he cash.

Pm me through the game and i can take a look for you when im on a pc if you like.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:26 pm

thanks both for the replies, i'll probs post a few more questions in this thread when I stumble upon stuff!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:06 am

Ok I was told I can change my region (from Swansea to West) between weeks 15 and 16, but I've had a look and can't find a way, any help please!

Also it says my youth manager will unlock 5 skills a week, but I got him before last monday and I still can't see any youth teams skills. Am I not understanding what hes supposed to do?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Youth manage is pointless....he is a waste of money for a new team. If you look at your youth squad you should see that 5 players skill level will be revealed. It should say something about low, medium, or high.

Region changes can be made next week(week 16 day 1). Just click on 'my club', 'office', 'club editor' and you should be able to do it in there(i think).
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:21 pm

wilf cheers for showing mazzadude how to do that.

igf he wants to play in the wrt and the west are short is he able to do it as long as he joins or would he have to go to swansea for this 1?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:18 am