Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

4 posters

Breaking Even

yazman14
    Made the Premiership
    Made the Premiership

Breaking Even Empty Breaking Even

Post by yazman14 Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 pm

So when i started this whole shebang i made a conscious choice to buy and train young players as opposed to bringing in a constant stream of 28/29 yr olds in. Im at a point now where in a few seasons time ill have a tidy pack and halfbacks, throw in a couple of older heads and im at a point where i can drop in some more youth and keep the cycle of training to the 'next level' going. Im happy with the strategy but my problem is with wages.

at the start of every new season the increase in player wages is always more than the 20k a season bonus. so i guess my question is, does anyone actually break even weekly disregarding home game revenue? sorry for the ramble and thanks in advance!!
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Breaking Even Empty Re: Breaking Even

Post by newgalesurf Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

I used to look to break even over a 2 week period, as there used to be at least 1 home game in this time. Hell I lose 170k a week with no game, and I am not the worse
    yazman14
    Made the Premiership
    Made the Premiership

Post by yazman14 Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:39 pm

170k wow! im on 26k and thought that was bad! so how do people make cash later on then? just through training and selling players or are there leagues of people with massive stadiums?
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Stadium helps. I am up around 14,000 and sold out almost every game last season making over 200k on a home league game, and 70 to 100k on a cup game. In the S16 MP I made a lot of money selling 17 year olds, not so much last time around. I may have to offload a few squad players as I am in the red at the moment. Also gotta stay in the cup as long as possible, as it is guaranteed income each week.

Biggest drain on money though is L5 facilities and trainers, but needed as I have 1 NT player, 1 Masterplan and 2 NT hopefuls

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:04 pm

its impossible. i know theres money in certain teams in the game but the amount coming into clubs no ntransfer is a joke.
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:06 pm

To show what a fine line it is, I have just downgraded my Youth Scout from L3 to L1, as I worked out I only really need 200ish stars every other season. Think I will sack my L1 manager too. Like the reveals, but is a luxury

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:10 pm

im contemplating dumping the YS after this batch. i'll just buy any trainees. they'll b better than i produce anyway.
    denver
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by denver Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm

toeclogger wrote:im contemplating dumping the YS after this batch. i'll just buy any trainees. they'll b better than i produce anyway.

That's what I do now - would be tough to buy decent players for the team otherwise.

You can always pick up a bargain 17 y/o I've found so far.
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:35 pm

I still want to produce players, we still need some factories. Will just rationalise which parts of the academy I need. L3 facility and coach, and L1 scout should do

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:50 pm

denver wrote:
    toeclogger wrote:im contemplating dumping the YS after this batch. i'll just buy any trainees. they'll b better than i produce anyway.

That's what I do now - would be tough to buy decent players for the team otherwise.

You can always pick up a bargain 17 y/o I've found so far.

looks at my current MP player Wink
    yazman14
    Made the Premiership
    Made the Premiership

Post by yazman14 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:25 am

what does MP mean?
    tomo
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by tomo Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 pm

MP = Master Plan

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Im about to disband my academy set up. Having looked at the transfer market over the last few weeks, I can buy a decent youth prospect each season for less than the cost of an academy at L3.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:06 pm

sandydragon wrote:Im about to disband my academy set up. Having looked at the transfer market over the last few weeks, I can buy a decent youth prospect each season for less than the cost of an academy at L3.

Doing the same myself.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Other than a spell building up to the each MP recruitment to save stars, I promote using 20 stars every two weeks. The resulting sales tick over running the academy for me.

Last season 100k from the players I promoted and sold straight away. Plus 104k from a front row I had kept for a season.
    Season before 180k form the players I promoted and sold straight away. Plus 250k from a front row I had kept for a season and a tall kicker for 320k I had kept for a season.

On top of that I had a front row eligible for S12 that I didn't have room to train as my third trainee that season sell for 1.5M last season and a S16 MP guy sell for 1.8M after training him for two weeks.

I don't think it pays back as much as the last two guys now but I am getting approx 200k a season back which I think is worth it, even if not breaking even, for the chance of uncovering a gem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:17 am