Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

2 posters

Hello Everyone. Can Someone mentor me please?

Hello Everyone. Can Someone mentor me please? Empty Hello Everyone. Can Someone mentor me please?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this. It looks fantastic, just getting to grips with it all. I've set my lineup to default while I go through the squad and look at each player.

Would someone please mentor me?

I'm just going to dive into the reading now but I'm certain I'll have some questions soon.

Thanks

Dave

Moggsy81
    The Gaer RFC

Hello Everyone. Can Someone mentor me please? Empty Re: Hello Everyone. Can Someone mentor me please?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Welcome to the game. I Would start here
    Beginners guide
    Then feel free to ask as many questions as you want in here or send me a message in BR. I am sure you will find a better mentor than me but happy to help you start.

Hello Everyone. Can Someone mentor me please? Empty Re: Hello Everyone. Can Someone mentor me please?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks Wrighty. So much to read but happy to do that!

Will PM you soon!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Squad is coming on nicely now, starting to get to grips with it.

I've made a handful of signings, just one question;

Is there a foreign player quota? I've had some bargains so have brought in a few non-welsh qualified players.

Thanks
    tomo
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by tomo Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Moggsy81 wrote:Squad is coming on nicely now, starting to get to grips with it.

I've made a handful of signings, just one question;

Is there a foreign player quota? I've had some bargains so have brought in a few non-welsh qualified players.

Thanks

No quota you can sign as many as you like.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:29 am

Is there somewhere I can view the whole league structure for Wales? I can only see my league at the moment IV.30. Was just wondering how many leagues are above me and where I am in the bigger picture.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:50 am

Click on the country name in summary screen then on competitions on the left hand side. It's a multi layered league with one div 1, four div 2, sixteen div 3, sixty odd div 3.
    Woko
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko Sat May 11, 2013 9:59 am

How are you getting on Moggsy? I see you've made some decent buys in the TM - you should be able to do some decent upgrades/purchases soon with league prize money!

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm enjoying although I do find the league structure a bit confusing. There's been loads of changes to it with teams leaving the league and others joining.

Still, top of the league. Have brought in some great players but running very close to making a loss, hopefully I can hold out until the end of the season!

I took some good advice and brought in players between 1 and 10k and didn't go massive. The only problem is I have practically bought a whole new squad so it's a bit expensive.

Hope I don't get a winding up order!

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Welcome to the game Moggsy.

Finances are a bugger but if you make changes steadily you'll be fine.
    On the finance page you get a breakdown of your incomes and outgoings. Click on them and they are broken down.

Best way to balance the books is to add up the profit/loss of a two week period that includes a home and away game. Then divide it by two for your weekly profit (amount of increased cost you can afford).

Be aware though that there may not be any profit at all in the last two weeks of a season and spread that across the other 14wks for your profits. If you are looking at a top 4 finish easily then you will get prize money in those last two weeks.

Hello Everyone. Can Someone mentor me please? Empty When is it time to upgrade to Level 4 Facilities and coaches?

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Been playing a few seasons now and I have the coaching staff and facilities at level 3 across the board. I've left the Youth Team on level one for now. I have just about 2000 Club Members and 15000 capacity stadium designed using the BR Rugby Manager tool to maximise profits. I'm looking for some advice from long time players to find out when I should be looking to upgrade to Level 4 as its very expensive or so I've heard?

How many memembers should you ideally have? How much capacity in your stadium and how much cash should I be turning over before even attempting to do it? Any Information / Advice would be much appreciated.

Club is Oakdale RFC / Manger Silentwarrior Currently in Div 3 and I think this is my 8th Season now.

Standing:0
    Uncovered seats:7500
    Covered seats:5775
    Member's seats:1530
    Corporate seats: 195
    Total capacity:15000

Thanks

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 12:37 pm

You should be fine with level 4 facilities/coaches. The costs aren't drastically different to level 3 costs.

As long as you make a 100k profit over a home/away game period it should be okay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content